R&P is looking for a motivated individual who wants to join our team supporting the Combat Systems activation of a US Naval Ship in San Diego, CA. We are a small-sized defense contractor providing Engineering, Logistics, Program Management and Technical Services to government clients. We need an experienced IFF technition ready to join a fast-paced and exciting work environment.
R&P offers a highly competitive compensation package that includes contributions towards health insurance, 401(k) matching, and other non-salary benefits. Exact salary will be commensurate with experience and qualifications
• Operate, maintain, align, troubleshoot and repair IFF systems on board a US Naval Ship utilizing state-of-the-art test equipment and operational test systems.
• Participate in the test and activation phase of shipboard Combat System equipment.
• Analyze equipment failures to determine root cause in order to then recommend and implement corrective action.
• Prepare and submit reports of equipment discrepancies and possible solutions.
• Must maintain current Active Secret Clearance.
• At least six years’ experience working with IFF.
• Working knowledge of networks, electronics, tools and test equipment.
• Full knowledge of industry practices.
• Should possess excellent verbal communications skills and know how to orchestrate job tasks between multiple group organizations.
• Ability to take charge and work with minimum supervision.
• Formal training in Basic Electronics & Electricity, solid state electronics and principles.
• Able to interpret electrical & mechanical schematics.
• General knowledge of basic IT cable construction and repair of same.